This week I got a lot of questions around building a community. I’ve listed below some resources I’ve found online.
Community Building Ideas
1. http://blog.asmartbear.com/building-online-community.html (How David Garland built a community of 100,000 followers in 24 months)
2. http://thecommunitymanager.com/how-to-build-a-community-from-scratch – How to Build a Community From Scratch
3. http://www.feverbee.com/2010/10/startinganonlinecommunity.html – Building An Online Community: How To Start From 0 Members
4. http://www.thesaleslion.com/key-building-blog-community-changing-lives/ – The One Great Key to Building a Blog Community and Changing Lives
5. http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/how-i-built-an-online-community-from-0-to-1500-members – How I Built an Online Community From 0 to 1500+ Members
6. http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2006/02/the_art_of_crea.html#axzz1llLUbG9H – By Guy Kawasaki – February 14, 2006 – The Art of Creating a Community. Targeted at companies, but relevant for independent community managers as well.
7. http://www.communityspark.com/how-to-build-an-online-community/ – How to build an online community
8. Building a User Community Part 1